Sacred Women’s Group
2nd and 4th Saturday's
from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.
We connect, support and inspire each other.
Facilitated by Rev. Julie Armour
Next meet: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2020
If asked for a password use Fillmore20
The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money,
The true you, your holy self, is beyond any limits of the mortal world. So are the talents and brilliance within you. When you dwell in that knowledge, simply recognizing and appreciating the divine spirit residing in all of us, you receive the charisma of a self-confident person. Someone who has confidence in God comes across as confident to the world; someone who thinks of herself as a follower of God comes across as a leader to the world. You’ll develop a kind of invisible light, a sense of humble certitude, a greatness that comes from beyond yourself.
The universe of which you are part is an all-loving field of miraculous possibility, not only in every instant but also moving through time. In physics terms, you’re not a particle but a wave. You’re not a static thing, but rather an ever-evolving emanation of the Mind of God. Spirit has great plans for you, because God’s Mind is an eternal wellspring of infinite love. This wellspring literally never runs out of ideas.
From Sept. 12th
The Law of Divine Compensation:
On Work, Money, and Miracles
Click here to download PDF of:
- The true you, your holy self, is beyond any limits of the mortal world. So are the talents and brilliance within you. When you dwell in that knowledge, simply recognizing and appreciating the divine spirit residing in all of us, you receive the charisma of a self-confident person. Someone who has confidence in God comes across as confident to the world; someone who thinks of herself as a follower of God comes across as a leader to the world. You’ll develop a kind of invisible light, a sense of humble certitude, a greatness that comes from beyond yourself.
- The universe of which you are part is an all-loving field of miraculous possibility, not only in every instant but also moving through time. In physics terms, you’re not a particle but a wave. You’re not a static thing, but rather an ever-evolving emanation of the Mind of God. Spirit has great plans for you, because God’s Mind is an eternal wellspring of infinite love. This wellspring literally never runs out of ideas. Please join us for this exciting topic!
Previous meeting topics:
Vision Quest 2020
“We are entering an era that is surely going to try out souls, as we beg and scream for radically new perspectives and approaches to events and combinations of threats that humanity has never had to deal with before. At the same time, amazing, unbelievable breakthroughs in knowledge, mindsets, and capabilities will emerge just in time to be applied to the looming unpredictability that will be both strange and foreboding . . . .I believe we are entering one of those punctuation points in the evolution of our species that will rapidly propel us into an unimaginable new era. This new world won’t work at all like what we currently find familiar. Because this shift is so fundamental and acute, the most positive option will not make sense at all from this vantage so early in the transition. In the face of almost certain uncertainty, our job is to rise to the occasion, to evolve – in our thinking, our perspectives and in our commitment to make this transition as positive as possible. We will probably become some new kind of human at the end of it all – it is that big and important.”
Based on A Vision for 2012: Planning for Extraordinary Change
by John L. Petersen
Questions we will explore:
- What is ours to do as we enter this time of huge (cataclysmic?) shift?
- How should we proceed?
- Is our strategic plan on track?
- Are we missing something important?
- How can we be fully present to the plan, make the adjustments needed, and support it strongly?
One can see “God is reproducing godlings.” We are to become cocreators with the process of creation until we have joined together with others doing the same in a universe that is infinite and self-creating through all of us—worlds without end.
Please join us.
From previous meeting...
Topic: Affirmations and Denials
Comprehensive Denials and Affirmations
In Unity's foundational text, Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady, we are a set of statements which will help us to align our thinking with Truth. They are not "magic", and of themselves they have no power. They are statements with which we train our minds, allowing us to remember the Truth that there is only One Power, One Presence, That-Which-We-Sometimes-Call-God.
Denials are statements of release: we do not deny facts or feelings or emotions, we deny that those facts, feelings, or emotions have power over us. We are not "in denial" that challenging events occur; we use release (denial) statements to remind ourselves that no matter what is happening, we are always free to choose our response to that experience, Affirmations are statements of Truth. We do not say affirmations to "make things happen". We use affirmations to help re-train ourselves into more productive thought patterns. Most of us have inherited a great deal of negative mental "programming" as we have gone about our lives. Affirmations are a basic tool which helps us to create more efficient and optimal ways of thinking.
Four Comprehensive Denials:
- There is no evil.
- There is no absence of life, substance, or intelligence anywhere.
- Pain, sickness, poverty, old age, and death cannot master me, for they are not real.
- There is nothing in all the universe for me to fear, for the Christ that I am is greater than that which is of the world.
Four Universal Affirmations:
- God [Divine Mind, Oneness, Spirit] is life, love, intelligence, substance, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence.
- I am a unique expression of Being-ness. In each moment, I express Life, love, wisdom, power. I am Wholeness, and I am governed by Spiritual law.
- I am Spirit, perfect, holy, harmonious. Nothing can hurt me or make me sick or afraid, for Spirit is All-Good, and Good cannot be sick or hurt or afraid. I manifest my real self through this body now.
- Divine Will is always my greatest potential Good. When I am aligned with Divine Mind, I cannot fail.
And one more all-around affirmation, which is always useful in moments of choice:
God in me is infinite wisdom; I know just what to do.
[Updated for language by Rev. Nita Strauss]
Join us as we create affirmations and denials for our personal living.
For resources and more information regarding this group, go to "sacred women's circle" under "our ministries" on our website, or click here: sacred women group
From our past meeting in April
Beloved Spiritual Women of Unity
you to try one or both of these a assessments before we meet.
Take them quickly and without much analysis. Takes a total of 15-20 minutes.
I did both and the findings were consistent with work I have done in the past.
For more detailed info on the types you come up with:
Go to the hyperlinks (next section, below) for “Further reading” for a link with greater info.
The Enneagram: A (Very) Short History
The Enneagram is old. It has roots in several wisdom traditions, including Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Seven of the nine Enneagram types are associated with the “capital” or “deadly” sins which originated with the Desert Fathers. But it was not until the late 1960s that Oscar Ichazo began teaching the Enneagram as we know it today. From Ichazo’s school in South America, a group of Jesuits learned the system and brought it back with them to the United States. Richard Rohr learned about the Enneagram from this group and was one of the first people to publish a book about it in English.
The Enneagram gained popularity as a tool within spiritual direction. Today it is widely taught as a way of understanding personality, addiction, relationships, and vocation.
The Enneagram: What It Is and What It Isn’t
The Enneagram is a dynamic system. It was developed primarily in an oral tradition, in the context of relationships between students and teachers. A “dynamic system” is one that recognizes that humans are far too complex and nuanced to fit easily into simple categories; it supports the evolving, maturing human journey.
The Enneagram is not a strict law or code. Its categories are not meant to bind or restrict you to a certain way of being and living. People who know the Enneagram in a superficial way think it’s about putting people into boxes, but it actually works to free people from their self-created boxes.
The Enneagram is a powerful tool for self-discovery and spiritual transformation. But it shouldn’t be your only tool. The Enneagram is most helpful when used in conjunction with other practices like study, meditation, spiritual direction, and life in community with others.
The Enneagram is not just a personality typing system. Yes, there are tests and quizzes that help you identify your primary Enneagram type, but that is often just the first step. This tool is meant to help you over a life-long journey.
While self-discovery is important, it is not the Enneagram’s final objective. The Enneagram’s purpose is to help us uncover the traps that keep us from living fully and freely as our True Self so that we will use our unique, authentic gifts for the good of others and the world.